I am getting an error while trying to restore an iPad. I have tried several times and I am getting the same error.
“The iPad could not be restored. An unknown error occurred 14”
Related errors: 14 or “invalid response.”
If the USB connection between your device and computer is interrupted, you might not be able to update or restore.
To narrow down the issue, you can try different equipment:
1. Use the USB cable that came with your device, or a different Apple USB cable.
2. Plug your cable into a different USB port directly on your computer. Don’t plug it into your keyboard.
3. Try a different computer.
4. Solve other issues with the USB connection, then with your security software.
If you still see the error message, check for hardware issues by following the next section.
Check for hardware issues
1. These errors mean that your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.
2. Check that your security software and settings aren’t blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
3. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
4. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.